Call UPA meet immediately to decide upcoming polls: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP on Friday demanded immediate meeting of the UPA Coordination Committee to collectively decide on the upcoming Assembly Elections in four states.
Assembly Elections are due by year-end in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Delhi and their outcome is likely to have an impact on UPA`s prospects in the 2014 General Elections.
"UPA Coordination Committee meeting should be called immediately so that the coalition partners can deliberate on strengthening the alliance," NCP spokesman DP Tripathi told reporters here.
The NCP demand comes in the wake of UPA losing two key allies - DMK and Trinamool - following differences with Congress.
NCP with nine members in the Lok Sabha is the largest constituent of the UPA after Congress. Other UPA allies are National Conference, RLD and IUML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price