Call UPA meet immediately to decide upcoming polls: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP on Friday demanded immediate meeting of the UPA Coordination Committee to collectively decide on the upcoming Assembly Elections in four states.
Assembly Elections are due by year-end in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Delhi and their outcome is likely to have an impact on UPA`s prospects in the 2014 General Elections.
"UPA Coordination Committee meeting should be called immediately so that the coalition partners can deliberate on strengthening the alliance," NCP spokesman DP Tripathi told reporters here.
The NCP demand comes in the wake of UPA losing two key allies - DMK and Trinamool - following differences with Congress.
NCP with nine members in the Lok Sabha is the largest constituent of the UPA after Congress. Other UPA allies are National Conference, RLD and IUML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections