Call UPA meet immediately to decide upcoming polls: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP on Friday demanded immediate meeting of the UPA Coordination Committee to collectively decide on the upcoming Assembly Elections in four states.
Assembly Elections are due by year-end in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Delhi and their outcome is likely to have an impact on UPA`s prospects in the 2014 General Elections.
"UPA Coordination Committee meeting should be called immediately so that the coalition partners can deliberate on strengthening the alliance," NCP spokesman DP Tripathi told reporters here.
The NCP demand comes in the wake of UPA losing two key allies - DMK and Trinamool - following differences with Congress.
NCP with nine members in the Lok Sabha is the largest constituent of the UPA after Congress. Other UPA allies are National Conference, RLD and IUML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview