Call UPA meet immediately to decide upcoming polls: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP on Friday demanded immediate meeting of the UPA Coordination Committee to collectively decide on the upcoming Assembly Elections in four states.
Assembly Elections are due by year-end in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Delhi and their outcome is likely to have an impact on UPA`s prospects in the 2014 General Elections.
"UPA Coordination Committee meeting should be called immediately so that the coalition partners can deliberate on strengthening the alliance," NCP spokesman DP Tripathi told reporters here.
The NCP demand comes in the wake of UPA losing two key allies - DMK and Trinamool - following differences with Congress.
NCP with nine members in the Lok Sabha is the largest constituent of the UPA after Congress. Other UPA allies are National Conference, RLD and IUML.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged