Call UPA meet immediately to decide upcoming polls: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP on Friday demanded immediate meeting of the UPA Coordination Committee to collectively decide on the upcoming Assembly Elections in four states.
Assembly Elections are due by year-end in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Delhi and their outcome is likely to have an impact on UPA`s prospects in the 2014 General Elections.
"UPA Coordination Committee meeting should be called immediately so that the coalition partners can deliberate on strengthening the alliance," NCP spokesman DP Tripathi told reporters here.
The NCP demand comes in the wake of UPA losing two key allies - DMK and Trinamool - following differences with Congress.
NCP with nine members in the Lok Sabha is the largest constituent of the UPA after Congress. Other UPA allies are National Conference, RLD and IUML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review