Cameron, Aamir interact with students of Delhi women`s college
New Delhi: British Prime Minister David Cameron on Tuesday launched his charm offensive when he met young students of a women`s college here by taking time off his diplomatic assignments and had none other than Bollywood actor Aamir Khan for company.
Three hundred-odd students at the Janki Devi Memorial College in Central Delhi could not believe their ears and went on cheering as their lecturers announced that Cameron and Khan would be interacting with them in a few minutes.
The students, who waited for almost four hours, did not know that Cameron was the "VVIP" and Khan was the "big star" who would be calling on them at their college.
The programme, kept a secret till the last minute, saw 46-year-old Cameron and Khan, a year older to him, walking into the auditorium of the college at 4 PM and spending nearly 45 minutes going around the hall and interacting with the students.
Cameron, dressed in a blue suit, and Khan, clad in a sweat shirt and a black blazer, fielded questions from students who wanted to know why the society was biased towards women.
Cameron and Khan smiled all along their interaction giving answers to each of their questions. The gleaming students almost jostled each other to shake hands and pose for photographs with Cameron and Khan who obliged them.
"Why is there always a discrimination against woman?" This was the first question posed to Khan.
"The root cause of the problem is in patriarchal thinking that men are stronger, better and superior. If we have to progress as a nation then we should stop killing girl child," the actor replied.
The girl students asked only about women`s issues and did not touch on corruption and other matters, he told reporters later.
Students waved hands asking their guests to come and sit next to them and they obliged too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog