Campaigning ends for 2nd phase of Bihar polls
Patna: Campaigning for the second phase of Assembly Elections in Bihar for the 45 constituencies ended on Saturday.
The second phase of Assembly Elections is slated for Sunday.
Bihar’s Director General of Police Neelmani said Central paramilitary forces have been deployed at all the polling booths to ensure a free and fair poll.
Neelmani also said that the state`s border with Nepal has been sealed to prevent infiltration of anti social elements.
Special task Force personnel would also maintain an air surveillance with the help of two helicopters to ensure trouble free polls, he added.
Meanwhile, Bihar’s Chief Electoral Officer, Sudhir Kumar Rakesh, has appealed to the people of the state to exercise their franchise without apprehension.
Political stalwarts whose fate will be decided include Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Abdul Bari Siddiqui (Alinagar), Janta Dal (U) leader Vijay Kumar Choudhary (Sarairanjan), ministers Ramnath Thakur (Samastipur) and Shahid Ali Khan (Sursand).
Over 99.49 lakh voters are eligible to vote to determine the electoral fate of 623 candidates in East Champaran, Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur and Samastipur Districts during the second phase of polls.
The third phase of elections will take place on October 28 for 48 seats, the fourth on November 1 for 42 seats, the fifth phase on November 9 for 25 seats and the sixth and last phase on November 20 for 26 seats.
Counting of votes will take place on November 24.
Bihar has over 5.5 crore voters, who will exercise their franchise through Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note