Can come to conclusion only after envoy`s report: Krishna
Bangalore: India can come to a "conclusion" on the killing of its fisherman in firing from a US Navy ship off Dubai coast based on the report of its Ambassador to the UAE on the incident, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said on Thursday.
"I am expecting a report from our Ambassador (MK Lokesh)...Only after seeing (the) report.....Could we come to a conclusion...” Krishna told reporters here.
An Indian fisherman was killed and three were wounded on Monday when a security team onboard a US Navy ship fired at their small boat off Dubai. The fishing boat had four Indians and two Emirate nationals on board when the incident took place in Jabel Ali, a frequent docking point for American naval vessels about 30 miles southwest of Dubai.
Asked about a leading defence expert recently projecting that China will attack India by 2012 to divert attention of its own people from "unprecedented" internal dissent, growing unemployment and financial problems that are threatening the hold of Communists in that country, Krishna dismissed it as "unthinkable".
"It is unthinkable (that China would attack India)", he said.
Krishna also referred to his meeting Chinese Foreign Minister at a conference in Japan, adding, he does not think any country would wage a war against another even to solve its internal problems.
He welcomed the BCCI decision to revive bilateral cricketing ties with Pakistan.
"I welcome the decision of both the countries...This will further cement the bilateral relationship. I will be visiting Islamabad in the second week of September".
On the growing clamour in Congress for Rahul Gandhi to play a bigger role, the former Karnataka Chief Minister said "how can I speak about...So many suggestions that are afloat...He is the best man to judge whether to hold position (in the party) or come into the government as Prime Minister has invited him to join government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj