Can we not respect the dead even? asks Ansari
New Delhi: "Can we not respect the dead even?" wondered an anguished Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Thursday.
His observation came as he deplored members for disrupting a discussion on the death of a student from Arunachal Pradesh in Delhi last week.
AIADMK and TDP members created noisy scenes on different issues even after Ansari agreed for a discussion on the death of Nido Taniam, a student from the Northeast, as sought by various political parties earlier.
AIADMK members rushed to the Well protesting the arrest of Tamil fishermen by Sri Lankan authority, while TDP members shouted slogans against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Ansari repeatedly requested them to resume their seats so that the discussion could be started, but the protesting members were not willing to relent.
The Chairman even asked Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) to speak on the issue.
As the din continued, Ansari said, "Can we not respect the dead even?". He then adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!