Canada Minister to visit India for four days
New Delhi: The president of the Treasury Board of Canada, Tony Clement, will undertake a four-day visit of India from September 1.
He will visit New Delhi and Mumbai where he will meet with senior government officials and business leaders to explore opportunities to further enhance the Canada-India bilateral relationship.
In New Delhi, Clement will participate in round-table discussions with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry on opportunities for investment and technology cooperation in the natural resources sector, particularly Ontario's Ring of Fire.
In Mumbai, Clement will attend a round-table with senior officials from the Government of Maharashtra on best practices in public sector reform and management.
In addition, he will also deliver speeches at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and the Indian Institute of Public Administration.
He said, "I am looking forward to my India visit and to sharing Canadian experience in public administration and public sector reform. The economies of Canada and India complement each other, and we look forward to working with Indian officials and industry to enhance our trade relationship for the benefit of both our countries."
The minister's visit will build on extensive and productive engagement between Canada and India over the past year.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on