Canada PM concludes India visit
Bangalore: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper wound up his six-day trip to India with a visit to a leading local school, where he played a game of hockey enthralling students on Friday.
Accompanied by wife Laureen Harper, he visited the Bishop Cotton Boys School where he was received by school captains. Students of Bishop Cotton Girls School were also in attendance to welcome the visiting dignitaries.
The Boys School Principal, Prof John P Zachraiah, briefed him about the school, its pupils and their achievements.
At the playground, Harper had a feel of the cricket bat, but chose not to face a single delivery though Prithvi of Class XI was practicing vigorously to bowl.
Harper then joined Cotton Girls Camp led by Nandini S Patil of Class X to play a 10-minute hockey match, while Canadian Sports Minister Baljit Singh Gosal joined forces with Cotton Boys Team led by Yash Gopalka, studying in Class XII.
Boys team beat the rival camp which included Harper 2-0.
The Harpers then drove straight to Bengaluru International Airport at Devanahalli and boarded the Manila-bound Royal Canadian Air Force special aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video