Canadian High Commissioner visits CPRC
Kapurthala: Canadian High Commissioner Josaph
Caron was on Wednesday impressed to see the participation of
community in solving the matrimonial disputes in the women
cell centre set up in the CPRC centre here.
High commissioner Caron accompanied by his wife ,IGP
(Training) S K Sharma and Jalandhar range DIG Ishwar Singh
visited Community Policing Resource Centre (CPRC) to see the
functioning of the centre.
He was impressed to see the functioning of women cell
counseling centre where the matrimonial disputes like dowry
and divorce cases, domestic violence, mental torture and ill
treatment to women were settled mutually with the
participation of community members, officials said here.
CPRC in charge DSP Kulwant Singh when contacted said
commissioner was told that in the month of September this
year, as many as 84 cases of matrimonial disputes came up
before the women cell.
Of the 84 cases, 25 cases were settled through mutual
compromise, four mutual divorce, 18 cases were withdrawn by
the parties and three cases were referred to the courts for
The High Commissioner told the police officers that there
was no such provision of community participation in the Canada
for solving the matrimonial dispute cases like in India.
He was impressed to see the functioning of 16 counters like
Foreigners registration, National status verification, police
clearance certificate, pass port verification, issuance of
arms license, child help, FIR untraced counter, free legal aid
and permission of loud speakers etc.
The DSP told that as many as 16 counters had been set up
to provide hassle free services to the people.
The commissioner went to each counter and inquired in
detail about the functioning of each counter. He spent more
than half an hour in the CPRC.
Kapurthala CPRC, the first in Punjab, set up in 2003 by
the then SSP (now DIG intelligence) Dr. R N Dhoke has been
providing police services under single window system.
SSP Ram Singh said that some more services would be added
soon in the CPRC.
Later, the High commissioner also visited Suwidha centre
set up in the district courts complex and also held
discussions with Deputy Commissioner Raj Kamal Chaudhary over
the functioning of centre.
He also visited Sainik School Kapurthala and was
impressed to see the Jagatjit Palace now housing sainik
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal