Canadian PM pays obeisance at Golden Temple
Amritsar: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper Wednesday arrived in Amritsar at the Golden Temple, the holiest Sikh shrine, to pay obeisance.
Harper was accorded a warm welcome by Sikh religious leaders at the Golden Temple complex when he arrived here with a big entourage.
Dressed in a black suit, Harper covered his head with a white cloth-scarf.
Earlier, he was received at the Rajasansi airport here by Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) president Avtar Singh Makkar and taken to the shrine.
Tight security measures have been in place at the shrine since morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview