Cancelling of Devas deal too little, too late: MM Joshi
New Delhi: PAC Chairperson Murli Manohar Joshi on Thursday described the government`s decision to cancel the ISRO-Devas deal as "too little, too late" and said if the parliamentary committee feels it may look into the matter.
"This is what is called too little, too late. Just cancelling the deal is not enough, the matter should also be seriously investigated. Legal proceedings should be initiated against those who made such a contract," Joshi told reporters when asked about the deal.
The Cabinet Committee on Security today cancelled the contract given to Devas Multimedia for using S-band spectrum at prices which the principal opposition has alleged are much
less than the market price.
Asked if the issue had come to the Public Accounts Committee, Joshi said, "The matter has not come to the PAC and will not come till there is a report on it. But if we feel the
need we will look into it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed