Can`t confirm if Modi will head poll panel: Irani
Panaji: In a possible indication of support for Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, its national vice president Smriti Irani on Friday said the country and the party cadres were sure of their choice and it was now for the parliamentary board to decide.
"We know what India wants, we know what BJP cadres want, but we don`t what the parliamentary board wants," Smriti Irani told reporters outside the venue of the BJP`s national executive meeting being held on Friday, responding to a question whether Modi would be declared BJP`s PM candidate.
When asked about Modi`s possible announcement as BJP`s election campaign committee head, she said that she cannot confirm or deny the development.
"The media would be informed about all the discussions in the meeting," she said, adding that media coverage which pits L K Advani against Modi is "unfair projection".
She said that the meeting is being held in a very cordial manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what