Can`t confirm if Modi will head poll panel: Irani
Panaji: In a possible indication of support for Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, its national vice president Smriti Irani on Friday said the country and the party cadres were sure of their choice and it was now for the parliamentary board to decide.
"We know what India wants, we know what BJP cadres want, but we don`t what the parliamentary board wants," Smriti Irani told reporters outside the venue of the BJP`s national executive meeting being held on Friday, responding to a question whether Modi would be declared BJP`s PM candidate.
When asked about Modi`s possible announcement as BJP`s election campaign committee head, she said that she cannot confirm or deny the development.
"The media would be informed about all the discussions in the meeting," she said, adding that media coverage which pits L K Advani against Modi is "unfair projection".
She said that the meeting is being held in a very cordial manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic