Can’t work with the new era leaders of BJP: Nitish Kumar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: A day after his party JD-U snapped its 17-year-old ties with the BJP, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that there is no question of going back on the decision taken by the central leadership of the party
Addressing a press conference in state capital Patna, Kumar said, “We were forced to snap ties with the BJP since its central leadership was not listening to our suggestions and ignoring us for the past one year.”
Slamming the BJP leadership he said, “The decision to end ties with the BJP was taken by the central leadership of the JD-U after much deliberations about its possible consequences. There is no question of going back on the decision now. We can’t reconcile with them now.
Rejecting BJP`s charge that he was responsible for spilt in NDA, Kumar accused the saffron party of betraying the JD-U and ignoring its senior leaders in an apparent reference to LK Advani.
The Bihar Chief Minister also expressed his displeasure over the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the BJP’s 2014 Lok Sabha campaign committee chief despite strong opposition from the JD-U.
“The changes recently announced by the BJP chief signals the end of Advani-Vajpayee era. How can we work with those people who betray their elders in the party?”
Praising how former prime minister and senior BJP leader AB Vajpayee managed the BJP-led coalition, Nitish Kumar said, “The JD(U) parting ways with NDA is BJP`s failure. BJP created a situation in which even an old ally was forced to leave, If Vajpayee ji is unwell then the party could have entrusted the task of addressing the concerns of NDA allies to LK Advani but he was sidelined too.”
“There have been no issues with the BJP’s Bihar unit but the problems came after the external influence started affecting them, “he clarified.
Explaining why he sacked eleven BJP ministers in his cabinet, Kumar said “I have had cordial relations with deputy Chief Minister and BJP leader Shushil Kumar Modi but I was forced to sack the BJP ministers in my cabinet since they skipped the cabinet meet and were not cooperating.”
The reactions from the Bihar Chief Minister came a day after Bihar`s ruling JD-U ended its 17-year-old alliance with the BJP after days of simmering tensions, marking a major split in the country`s main opposition grouping.
In a bitter end to weeks of feuding, Nitish Kumar also asked Governor DY Patil to sack all the 11 BJP ministers in his government for not working and vowed to prove his majority in the assembly on June 19.
Simultaneously, JD-U president Sharad Yadav also announced that he was quitting as convenor of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
The JD-U, one of the oldest allies of the BJP, is the 14th party to desert the NDA, which was born in 1998 and ruled India for six years under the leadership of the now ailing Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'