Cantonments entitled for JNNURM funds: P Raju
Hyderabad: Cantonments in the country can
utilise funds under the Jawharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal
Mission (JNNURM) like municipalities, Union Minister of State
for Defence Pallam Raju said here today.
Raju told PTI here that he has written to cantonments
in this regard and asked to utilise funds under JNNURM for
their development works.
Referring to the problems being faced by cantonments,
Raju, who is in-charge of cantonments, said that after the "73
and 74 Amendment Act" cantonments are also being treated as
deemed municipalities and they are entitled to use funds just
like any municipalities under the state governments.
"Cantonments are entitled for funds under the JNNRUM,
but many of the cantonments were unaware this," Raju said.
Hence he has now written to all cantonments asking to utilise
the funds for their development.
Admitting that cantonments were facing problems, he
said that steps are being taken to solve the problems and
improve them by utilising the available funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III