Captain James lays Vivaan to rest
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian merchant ship captain Sunil James, who was freed from Togo jail after being arrested for allegedly aiding pirates, performed last rites of his son on Sunday.
James`s 11-month-old son Vivaan had died of septicaemia on December 2 in a hospital and his body had since been in the morgue waiting for the release of sailor so that the toddler`s last rites could be performed.
Ordeal for the Indian sailor began when he stopped at Togo to report an attack on his ship MT Ocean Centurion by pirates. The authorities arrested him and two other crew members on July 31, for allegedly aiding the pirates.
India was in touch with Togo authorities to secure on compassionate ground the release of the sailor whose family wanted him to conduct the last rites of his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan