Captain James lays Vivaan to rest
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian merchant ship captain Sunil James, who was freed from Togo jail after being arrested for allegedly aiding pirates, performed last rites of his son on Sunday.
James`s 11-month-old son Vivaan had died of septicaemia on December 2 in a hospital and his body had since been in the morgue waiting for the release of sailor so that the toddler`s last rites could be performed.
Ordeal for the Indian sailor began when he stopped at Togo to report an attack on his ship MT Ocean Centurion by pirates. The authorities arrested him and two other crew members on July 31, for allegedly aiding the pirates.
India was in touch with Togo authorities to secure on compassionate ground the release of the sailor whose family wanted him to conduct the last rites of his son.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'