Captain James lays Vivaan to rest
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian merchant ship captain Sunil James, who was freed from Togo jail after being arrested for allegedly aiding pirates, performed last rites of his son on Sunday.
James`s 11-month-old son Vivaan had died of septicaemia on December 2 in a hospital and his body had since been in the morgue waiting for the release of sailor so that the toddler`s last rites could be performed.
Ordeal for the Indian sailor began when he stopped at Togo to report an attack on his ship MT Ocean Centurion by pirates. The authorities arrested him and two other crew members on July 31, for allegedly aiding the pirates.
India was in touch with Togo authorities to secure on compassionate ground the release of the sailor whose family wanted him to conduct the last rites of his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!