Captain James lays Vivaan to rest
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian merchant ship captain Sunil James, who was freed from Togo jail after being arrested for allegedly aiding pirates, performed last rites of his son on Sunday.
James`s 11-month-old son Vivaan had died of septicaemia on December 2 in a hospital and his body had since been in the morgue waiting for the release of sailor so that the toddler`s last rites could be performed.
Ordeal for the Indian sailor began when he stopped at Togo to report an attack on his ship MT Ocean Centurion by pirates. The authorities arrested him and two other crew members on July 31, for allegedly aiding the pirates.
India was in touch with Togo authorities to secure on compassionate ground the release of the sailor whose family wanted him to conduct the last rites of his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof