Car blast: Police yet to make a breakthrough
New Delhi: Overnight raids and intensive
search for the motorcyclist who carried out the terror strike
on an Israeli embassy vehicle have yielded almost nothing
even as Delhi Police received calls from neighbouring states
about seizure of abandoned motorcycles resembling the one used
in the attack.
Delhi Police Commissioner B K Gupta said investigations
were still in the initial stages though it was gathering pace
despite three days passing off after the incident on Monday
afternoon near Prime Minister`s residence.
"Investigations are in the initial stage. It is gathering
pace," Gupta told reporters.
Police conducted overnight raids in the capital but it
did not yield anything.
Sources said Delhi Police had received calls from UP and
Haryana that they have recovered some abandoned red colour
motorcycles in areas near Delhi. The attacker had used a red
colour two-wheeler to stick the bomb.
Investigators were also scanning the telephone calls made
to Iran, Pakistan and middle-eastern countries around the time
of the attack on Israeli diplomat`s car here on Monday besides
going through the records to examine the telephone calls made
from New Delhi area in the past few days.
However, the sources said, they have not got anything to
link these calls with the attack.
Police questioned several people during the raids in the
past four days but is yet to make a breakthrough in the
Israel has accused Iran of orchestrating the attack on
their mission staff here and in Bangkok and Georgia.
Police has also sought the help of FRRO in collecting
details of people from Iran, Jordan and Lebanon residing in
Sources said they were also looking into the possibility
of a foreign terrorist organisation hiring a local terror
module to carry out the attack.
Police is also collecting data about similar attacks that
have taken place in the last ten years across the world.
Sources said Israeli officials in their meetings with
Delhi Police have pointed fingers at Iran but have not shared
any specific input.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'