Car blast: Red Corner notice against suspects
New Delhi: The process to issue Red Corner
notices has been initiated against three Iranians suspected
of carrying out the bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car
here, Delhi Police said on Friday.
City Police Commissioner B K Gupta said the three
Iranians -- Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr and
Mohammadreza Abolghasemi -- had recceed the Israeli embassy earlier with the help of an Indian journalist Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi (50), who was arrested on March six.
Investigators claimed that they tracked Kazmi after
finding his links with one of the Iranians who was in touch
with the head of the module which carried out the attack in
They also said the module, which attacked the Israeli
embassy car on February 13 on Aurangazeb road injuring a
mission employee and three others, had recceed the mission
office way back in May last year before returning to check
again in January and February.
Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi (50), who resides in south Delhi`s
Jor Bagh and writes for Iranian publications, was arrested on
March six following investigations into the incident, which
prompted Israel to point fingers at Iran immediately after the
Sources claimed Kazmi, whom police said was the
"conspirator and not the executioner" of the plot, helped the
Iranians carry out the attack for money and ideological
Investigators said they tracked Kazmi after the arrest of
Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, the operational head of the module which carried out the attack in Bangkok, in Malaysia.
According to police sources, Sedaghatzadeh was in touch
with Irani and technical surveillance of Irani led to his
alleged links with Kazmi. Irani, after his visit to Delhi in
February, fled to Malaysia before the attack.
Addressing a press conference, Gupta said Kazmi was
"instrumental" in getting the Israeli Embassy and its
surrounding areas receed by the suspected persons of Iranian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter