Case against Anna, 8 others for tricolour insult
Muzaffarpur: A complaint case was on Thursday
filed in a court in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district against the
social activist Anna Hazare and eight others for insulting the
An advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha filed the complaint case
in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S.P. Singh
against Hazare and eight others for hoisting the national flag
during a private television channel`s commercial programme
`Little Champ Sare Ga Ma Pa` on August 12 last.
The complainant alleged that the tricolour hoisting at
the commercial programme amounts to its dishonour as it was
not done as per the guidelines of the National Honour Act,
1971 and the National Honour (Amendment) Act, 2005.
Ojho prayed to the court that the accused persons be
charged and tried for breach of the National Honour Act, 1971
and sections 2 and 5 of the National Honour (Amendment) Act,
The CJM transferred the complaint case to the First
class judicial magistrate Mithilesh Kumar and posted the
matter for hearing on September 12 next.
Besides Hazare, a civil society member Arvind
Kejriwal, Kailash Kher, Javed Ali, Adnan Sami and Alka Yagnik
have been named as other prominent accused persons in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security