Case against Anna, 8 others for tricolour insult
Muzaffarpur: A complaint case was on Thursday
filed in a court in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district against the
social activist Anna Hazare and eight others for insulting the
An advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha filed the complaint case
in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S.P. Singh
against Hazare and eight others for hoisting the national flag
during a private television channel`s commercial programme
`Little Champ Sare Ga Ma Pa` on August 12 last.
The complainant alleged that the tricolour hoisting at
the commercial programme amounts to its dishonour as it was
not done as per the guidelines of the National Honour Act,
1971 and the National Honour (Amendment) Act, 2005.
Ojho prayed to the court that the accused persons be
charged and tried for breach of the National Honour Act, 1971
and sections 2 and 5 of the National Honour (Amendment) Act,
The CJM transferred the complaint case to the First
class judicial magistrate Mithilesh Kumar and posted the
matter for hearing on September 12 next.
Besides Hazare, a civil society member Arvind
Kejriwal, Kailash Kher, Javed Ali, Adnan Sami and Alka Yagnik
have been named as other prominent accused persons in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman