Case against Anna, 8 others for tricolour insult
Muzaffarpur: A complaint case was on Thursday
filed in a court in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district against the
social activist Anna Hazare and eight others for insulting the
An advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha filed the complaint case
in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S.P. Singh
against Hazare and eight others for hoisting the national flag
during a private television channel`s commercial programme
`Little Champ Sare Ga Ma Pa` on August 12 last.
The complainant alleged that the tricolour hoisting at
the commercial programme amounts to its dishonour as it was
not done as per the guidelines of the National Honour Act,
1971 and the National Honour (Amendment) Act, 2005.
Ojho prayed to the court that the accused persons be
charged and tried for breach of the National Honour Act, 1971
and sections 2 and 5 of the National Honour (Amendment) Act,
The CJM transferred the complaint case to the First
class judicial magistrate Mithilesh Kumar and posted the
matter for hearing on September 12 next.
Besides Hazare, a civil society member Arvind
Kejriwal, Kailash Kher, Javed Ali, Adnan Sami and Alka Yagnik
have been named as other prominent accused persons in the
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview