Case against Anna Hazare for showing `disrespect` to National Flag
Jaunpur: A local court on Saturday directed the police to register a case against social activist Anna Hazare for allegedly showing disrespect to the National Flag during his visit here on July 29.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Narendra Bahadur Prasad directed the Line Bazar police to register the case and probe the matter.
The court`s direction came on a petition filed by a local lawyer Himanshu Srivastava.
In his complaint, Srivastava has alleged that Hazare had come to a college here to address a meeting during his `Jantatra Yatra` on a vehicle, on which a full size national tricolour was pasted. The meeting went on till 8 PM and this amounted to showing disrespect to the flag.
Earlier, a delegation of local lawyers had also met the Superintendent of Police stressing that though they were supporters of Hazare`s anti-corruption campaign and had therefore gone to the meeting, they were hurt by the disrespect of the National Flag at the meeting and demanded lodging a case.
According to the rules, the national tricolour should be hoisted from sunrise to sunset and not beyond that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city