Case against Dalit leader Udit Raj`s driver, son
New Delhi: A case has been registered against
Dalit leader Udit Raj`s driver and his son on a complaint
alleging that they were involved in a theft of Rs 1.65 lakh.
The case was registered on Tuesday against the driver
Vijay Sonkar and his son Raj Kumar following a complaint filed
by Udit Raj`s relative Vijay Kumar, a senior police official
Sonkar, hailing from Allahabad, had made his son Raj`s
According to the complaint, Raj had lost Rs 1.65 lakh in
three incidents of theft in recent times.
"We made inquiry from the driver about the incident of
theft. He gave vague replies and finally he left for his
native place without informing us. We tried to contact him
through telephone," the complaint said.
The complainant alleged that on October 12, Sonkar`s son
Raj Kumar stole over Rs 1 lakh from Raj`s house and left for
Raj and family were out as they had organised a function
in Vasant Kunj, leaving Kumar at home, it was alleged.
"On enquiries from his village it is learnt that duo
father and son have previously been engaged in such kind of
incidents and they are habitual offenders. It has also come to
light that Kumar has purchased an expensive mobile phone hand
set with the stolen money," the complainant alleged.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS