Case against Dalit leader Udit Raj`s driver, son
New Delhi: A case has been registered against
Dalit leader Udit Raj`s driver and his son on a complaint
alleging that they were involved in a theft of Rs 1.65 lakh.
The case was registered on Tuesday against the driver
Vijay Sonkar and his son Raj Kumar following a complaint filed
by Udit Raj`s relative Vijay Kumar, a senior police official
Sonkar, hailing from Allahabad, had made his son Raj`s
According to the complaint, Raj had lost Rs 1.65 lakh in
three incidents of theft in recent times.
"We made inquiry from the driver about the incident of
theft. He gave vague replies and finally he left for his
native place without informing us. We tried to contact him
through telephone," the complaint said.
The complainant alleged that on October 12, Sonkar`s son
Raj Kumar stole over Rs 1 lakh from Raj`s house and left for
Raj and family were out as they had organised a function
in Vasant Kunj, leaving Kumar at home, it was alleged.
"On enquiries from his village it is learnt that duo
father and son have previously been engaged in such kind of
incidents and they are habitual offenders. It has also come to
light that Kumar has purchased an expensive mobile phone hand
set with the stolen money," the complainant alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi