Case against Dalit leader Udit Raj`s driver, son
New Delhi: A case has been registered against
Dalit leader Udit Raj`s driver and his son on a complaint
alleging that they were involved in a theft of Rs 1.65 lakh.
The case was registered on Tuesday against the driver
Vijay Sonkar and his son Raj Kumar following a complaint filed
by Udit Raj`s relative Vijay Kumar, a senior police official
Sonkar, hailing from Allahabad, had made his son Raj`s
According to the complaint, Raj had lost Rs 1.65 lakh in
three incidents of theft in recent times.
"We made inquiry from the driver about the incident of
theft. He gave vague replies and finally he left for his
native place without informing us. We tried to contact him
through telephone," the complaint said.
The complainant alleged that on October 12, Sonkar`s son
Raj Kumar stole over Rs 1 lakh from Raj`s house and left for
Raj and family were out as they had organised a function
in Vasant Kunj, leaving Kumar at home, it was alleged.
"On enquiries from his village it is learnt that duo
father and son have previously been engaged in such kind of
incidents and they are habitual offenders. It has also come to
light that Kumar has purchased an expensive mobile phone hand
set with the stolen money," the complainant alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats
- Iraq overtakes Saudi Arabia as India's top oil seller
- STOP THIS SHAME! Pakistani doctor living in Gujarat tried to molest 16-year-old patient?
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit