Case against Hazare for insult to tricolour
Patna: A case was filed in a Bihar court Thursday against social activists Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly insulting the national flag during a reality television show, officials said.
The case was filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate in Muzaffarpur by lawyer Sudhir Kumar Ojha.
In his complaint, Ojha said that the duo insulted the national flag by unfurling it at night during a TV programme.
He urged the court to direct officials to take stringent action against the two under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971 and Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda