Case against Hazare for insult to tricolour
Patna: A case was filed in a Bihar court Thursday against social activists Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly insulting the national flag during a reality television show, officials said.
The case was filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate in Muzaffarpur by lawyer Sudhir Kumar Ojha.
In his complaint, Ojha said that the duo insulted the national flag by unfurling it at night during a TV programme.
He urged the court to direct officials to take stringent action against the two under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971 and Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split