Case against Hazare for insult to tricolour
Patna: A case was filed in a Bihar court Thursday against social activists Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly insulting the national flag during a reality television show, officials said.
The case was filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate in Muzaffarpur by lawyer Sudhir Kumar Ojha.
In his complaint, Ojha said that the duo insulted the national flag by unfurling it at night during a TV programme.
He urged the court to direct officials to take stringent action against the two under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971 and Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday