Case against officials of Def Ministry, Army in Tatra deal
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case against the owners of a UK-based company and officials of Defence Ministry and army to inquire into alleged irregularities committed in procurement of Tatra trucks for the Indian Army, government told the Lok Sabha today.
"The matter is under investigation by CBI. It has also registered a regular case against one of the owners and unknown persons of a UK-based company, unknown officials of a DPSU and unknown officers of Defence Ministry and Indian Army," Defence Minister A K Antony said in a written reply.
Defence Ministry had purchased 6477 Tatra Trucks between 1987-1988 to 2010-2011.
In reply to a question on action against officials found guilty for corruption, he said, "Whenever a complaint is received from CBI, CVC, other departments and general public etc, it is examined in the Ministry and if necessary, advice of CVC is sought on initiation of disciplinary proceedings."
Replying to a question on import of defence equipment, the Minister said, "Defence equipments have been imported from various countries including Russia, USA, Israel, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Singapore etc. The imports cover various types of weapon system and platforms."
Antony also told the House that for 2012-13, Rs 67,672.24 crore has been allocated to the armed forces for capital acquisition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!