Case against TRS MP K Kavitha for remarks on Telangana, J&K
Hyderabad: Police have registered a case against TRS MP and daughter of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, K Kavitha, for her alleged comments on Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana.
The case was registered two days back under Sections 124-A (sedition) and 505 (statements conducing to public mischief) of IPC following directions from a local court, said a South Zone police official.
A local court had last week directed police to investigate and file a case against Kavitha, the Nizamabad MP, upon a complaint over alleged remarks attributed to her. The complaint was filed by K Karunasagar, an advocate and the convener of the BJP`s city legal cell.
The complainant in the petition alleged that Kavitha, in an interview, had made observations that Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana were not part of India earlier.
The police official said legal opinion is being sought on the matter for further action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video