Case filed against unknown persons in train collision incident
Mathura: Police on Wednesday registered a case against "unknown persons" after it emerged that the Mewar Express had come to a sudden halt because the emergency chain was pulled, after which another train rammed into it, killing 22 people.
The case has been registered under sections 223 (escape from confinement negligently suffered by a public servant) and 224 (resistance or obstruction by a person to his lawful
apprehension) of the IPC, SSP (Mathura) B D Paulson told reporters.
Additional Superintendent of Police Kota, Bhupendra Sahu, refused to comment on whether an escape attempt by a criminal on the train led to the accident but added, "All the three officials involved in the incident have been suspended and an inquiry has been ordered."
The office of Senior Superintendent of Police, Mathura City, had earlier said it has received two separate complaints -- one relating to the train accident and the other being that of an accused escaping from custody of Rajasthan policemen.
It is alleged that Munna Sazid, an accused in a robbery case, was being taken from Kota in Rajasthan to the national capital in Delhi-bound Mewar Express for a hearing in the Tees Hazari court.
He was being accompanied by three police constables of Rajasthan Police -- Ashok Kumar, Veerendra and Bahadur. At the Mathura station, Sazid asked for permission to go to toilet.
As soon as the train started gaining speed, he pushed one of the constables and jumped from the train prompting the police officials to pull the chain to bring it to halt,
according to the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’