Cash-for-vote: Advani demands release of party MPs
Nizamabad: BJP leader LK Advani Tuesday night demanded the release of the party MPs jailed in connection with the cash-for-vote scam saying they did the job
"The MPs should be released since the prime minister talked about whistle-blowers` protection bill few days ago," Advani told a public meeting here as part of his Jan Chetna
Yatra in Andhra Pradesh.
He alleged that the UPA leadership had indulged in unethical practices to win the confidence vote during UPA-I.
"The Congress president and the Prime Minister both had decided that we have to win this confidence vote at any cost. So the party contacted all the MPs who were ready to switch
sides," he claimed.
Advani said he did not stop the BJP MPs who were offered money and now in Tihar jail from exposing the unethical practices as he felt that they are doing the job of a whistle-blower.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani