Cash-for-vote: Advani demands release of party MPs
Nizamabad: BJP leader LK Advani Tuesday night demanded the release of the party MPs jailed in connection with the cash-for-vote scam saying they did the job
"The MPs should be released since the prime minister talked about whistle-blowers` protection bill few days ago," Advani told a public meeting here as part of his Jan Chetna
Yatra in Andhra Pradesh.
He alleged that the UPA leadership had indulged in unethical practices to win the confidence vote during UPA-I.
"The Congress president and the Prime Minister both had decided that we have to win this confidence vote at any cost. So the party contacted all the MPs who were ready to switch
sides," he claimed.
Advani said he did not stop the BJP MPs who were offered money and now in Tihar jail from exposing the unethical practices as he felt that they are doing the job of a whistle-blower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?