Cash-for-vote: Advani demands release of party MPs
Nizamabad: BJP leader LK Advani Tuesday night demanded the release of the party MPs jailed in connection with the cash-for-vote scam saying they did the job
"The MPs should be released since the prime minister talked about whistle-blowers` protection bill few days ago," Advani told a public meeting here as part of his Jan Chetna
Yatra in Andhra Pradesh.
He alleged that the UPA leadership had indulged in unethical practices to win the confidence vote during UPA-I.
"The Congress president and the Prime Minister both had decided that we have to win this confidence vote at any cost. So the party contacted all the MPs who were ready to switch
sides," he claimed.
Advani said he did not stop the BJP MPs who were offered money and now in Tihar jail from exposing the unethical practices as he felt that they are doing the job of a whistle-blower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!