Cash-for-vote: Advani demands release of party MPs
Nizamabad: BJP leader LK Advani Tuesday night demanded the release of the party MPs jailed in connection with the cash-for-vote scam saying they did the job
"The MPs should be released since the prime minister talked about whistle-blowers` protection bill few days ago," Advani told a public meeting here as part of his Jan Chetna
Yatra in Andhra Pradesh.
He alleged that the UPA leadership had indulged in unethical practices to win the confidence vote during UPA-I.
"The Congress president and the Prime Minister both had decided that we have to win this confidence vote at any cost. So the party contacted all the MPs who were ready to switch
sides," he claimed.
Advani said he did not stop the BJP MPs who were offered money and now in Tihar jail from exposing the unethical practices as he felt that they are doing the job of a whistle-blower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy