Cash-for-vote: Amar Singh`s bail plea deferred
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday deferred till tomorrow the hearing on the bail plea of Rajya
Sabha MP Amar Singh, arrested for his alleged role in the 2008
Justice Suresh Kait decided to hear Singh`s interim as
well as regular bail pleas tomorrow at 2.15 pm after the state
counsel sought an adjournment due to non-availability of its
senior advocate to advance arguments on its behalf.
Singh moved the high court after a city court had on
September 28 rejected both his interim and regular bail pleas,
saying his role was "major" in the entire episode aimed at
"disgracing" Parliamentary democracy.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),
where Singh is admitted, had on October 12 submitted his
medical report in the court saying that he needs constant
"He needs to be constantly monitored for renal function,
infections and if he is travelling he should be under the
supervision of a nephrologist, a dialysis technician, a nurse
and use ambulance/air ambulance for emergency," the report by
Additional Professor Doctor Sanjay Gupta of the AIIMS`
Department of Nephrology, had said.
The former Samajwadi Party General Secretary was arrested
on September 6 after he appeared before the trial court in
response to summons for his alleged involvement in the scam.
He was taken to AIIMS from Tihar Jail on September 12
after a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea. He was granted interim
bail on September 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- 'Mohenjo Daro' crosses Rs 100 crore-mark worldwide
- Government can't expect RBI to do everything for growth: Bank of Baroda chief
- Banned URLs: Here is the full list of the blocked websites
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala