Cash-for-vote: Amar Singh`s bail plea deferred
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday deferred till tomorrow the hearing on the bail plea of Rajya
Sabha MP Amar Singh, arrested for his alleged role in the 2008
Justice Suresh Kait decided to hear Singh`s interim as
well as regular bail pleas tomorrow at 2.15 pm after the state
counsel sought an adjournment due to non-availability of its
senior advocate to advance arguments on its behalf.
Singh moved the high court after a city court had on
September 28 rejected both his interim and regular bail pleas,
saying his role was "major" in the entire episode aimed at
"disgracing" Parliamentary democracy.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),
where Singh is admitted, had on October 12 submitted his
medical report in the court saying that he needs constant
"He needs to be constantly monitored for renal function,
infections and if he is travelling he should be under the
supervision of a nephrologist, a dialysis technician, a nurse
and use ambulance/air ambulance for emergency," the report by
Additional Professor Doctor Sanjay Gupta of the AIIMS`
Department of Nephrology, had said.
The former Samajwadi Party General Secretary was arrested
on September 6 after he appeared before the trial court in
response to summons for his alleged involvement in the scam.
He was taken to AIIMS from Tihar Jail on September 12
after a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea. He was granted interim
bail on September 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'