Cash-for-Vote: Buta`s son approached by Hindustani
New Delhi: Former Bihar Governor Buta
Singh`s son Arvinder Singh was approached by Sohail Hindustani
for contacting Congress leaders for striking a deal when he
allegedly hatched conspiracy to bribe BJP MPs during the
confidence motion moved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
2008, a court was told here on Thursday by the Delhi Police.
Police said that besides Lovely, it has recorded
the statements of IAS officer S P Gupta and one Aman Arora in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam.
However, Lovely did not play the role intended by
Hindustani, the Crime Branch of Delhi Police, said.
The police told Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal
that in his statement, Gupta has said that on July 20, 2008,
Hindustani had called him, following which he met him.
According to police, Gupta claimed "Hindustani offered
him three BJP MPs and requested him to talk to some senior
Congress leaders to strike a deal for monetary consideration
to influence voting of BJP MPs on the motion of confidence to
suit the interests of Congress party."
When Gupta refused to do so, Hindustani requested him
to fix a meeting with Arvinder Singh.
Hindustani had met Lovely and Arora at a hotel here on
July 21, 2008.
"There also, Hindustani requested Arvinder Singh alias
Lovely to speak to senior Congress leaders and offered that he
has three BJP MPs who can vote as per interest of Congress
party during the motion of confidence in the Lok Sabha if they
are paid money sufficiently," the Delhi police said.
Gupta, however, stated that Lovely and Arora also
declined to play any such role as intended by Hindustani.
Gupta`s statement was corroborated by the statements of Lovely
and Arora, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview