Cash-for-vote: Chargesheet to be filed on Aug 25
New Delhi: Delhi police on Thursday told a city
court that the probe in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam was
nearing completion and it would file the charge sheet before
it on August 25.
The crime branch of Delhi police told Special Judge
Sangita Dhingra Sehgal that the probe report, in pursuance of
the direction of the Supreme Court, would be filed soon.
Earlier, the apex court had slammed Delhi police for
giving a clean chit to politicians and for its "half-hearted
and hopeless" probe into the scam.
"The three weeks time given by the Supreme Court on
August 5 to complete the investigation is going to end soon.
We will file our chargesheet on August 25," public prosecutor
Rajeev Mohan said.
The police, however, did not file their replies to bail
applications of Sanjeev Saxena and Suhail Hindustani arrested
for their alleged role in the scam.
The court has fixed the hearing on both bail pleas for
August 25 and also extended the judicial custody of the duo
Santosh Pandey, counsel for Saxena, opposed the plea of
the prosecutor that some more time be granted for filing
replies to the bail pleas of the accused.
The court, however, told Pandey that it could start
hearing arguments on the bail without the written replies of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes