Cash-for-vote: Give facts to court, Cong tells BJP
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed BJP`s
demand for apology from the Prime Minister and the UPA
chairperson in the cash-for vote scam, saying the opposition
party should place the facts before the court instead of doing
politics through media.
The ruling party reminded the BJP that it was L K Advani`s
close aide, Sudheendra Kulkarni, who was an accused in the
"A very close confidante of LK Advani got bail in
the case yesterday," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He was asked to comment on BJP chief Nitin Gadkari`s
remarks that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson
Sonia Gandhi should "apologise" for their "political
conspiracy" under which BJP whistle-blowers were jailed in the
"The case is pending before the court. Law will take its
own course. Who is responsible or not responsible will be
decided by the court," Alvi said.
Asked about Kulkarni`s comment that the whole truth has
not come out as yet and the ultimate beneficiary is the
government, Alvi said, "Kulkarni or BJP should place facts
before the court rather than doing politics through media."
His remarks also came on a day when Advani said in
Haridwar, "It is not the question of bail only, we will take
the cash-for-vote scam to its logical conclusion."
In a bid to up the ante against the government on the
cash-for-vote scam and corruption issue, BJP has decided to
"felicitate" its "whistle-blower" former MPs and Kulkarni who
have been released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks