`Cash-for-vote probe affected by pol compulsions’
New Delhi: Attacking Delhi Police over its
handling of cash-for-vote case, former SP leader Amar Singh
has alleged that people against whom there is concrete
evidence are walking free because of political compulsions.
"I am alone. There is audio-video evidence of Reoti
Raman Singh but because he has 22 MPs, he has gone scot free.
Police have ignored the evidence against Reoti but courts have
not and that is why he is being summoned now," Amar Singh, who
is an accused in the case and is out on bail, said in an
interview to a TV channel.
Claiming that there was only circumstantial evidence
against him, the Rajya Sabha MP said, "It is a funny charge. I
am charged with saving the UPA government, that I facilitated
the nuclear deal."
Singh said supporting the nuclear deal was in national
interest and if he had gone to jail for that, he was proud.
Lashing out at SP leaders for saying that he had acted
on his own during the cash-for-vote scam, Singh dared them to
go to the court and testify.
"I never worked for the Congress. It was a decision of
the SP that the Congress needed to be supported," he said.
On BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s statement that Singh
was only a link in the scam, he said he prefers to be silent
at this stage.
"It is better I remain silent now. If I speak out, a
lot of people will be exposed. I do not want to rock the boat
at this stage," he said.
He said his testimony would embarrass a lot of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands