Cash-for-votes: 2nd chargesheet against BJP MP?
New Delhi: Expressing dissatisfaction over
the lack of a "proper" sanction order for prosecution, a Delhi
court on Friday decided to consider on October 14 the
supplementary charge sheet against BJP MP Ashok Argal in the
"This is just a letter (from the Secretary General Lok
Sabha). You (prosecutor) may call it a communication or
something else. What has to be before me should be a proper
sanction order like in other cases. I am not satisfied with
this kind of sanction letter," Special Judge Sangita Dhingra
To the court`s query, the prosecution said the sanction
order was communicated through a letter sent by the Lok Sabha
Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan said the Speaker of the Lok
Sabha was the competent authority to grant the sanction to
prosecute the MP under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
However, the judge remained unconvinced and posted the
matter for "consideration on the charge sheet" on October 14.
Meanwhile, the arguments on bail pleas of Sudheendra
Kulkarni, the former aide of senior BJP leader L K Advani, and
that of two former BJP MPs - Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahabir
Singh Bhagora could not be concluded today and will be heard
on October 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test