Cash-for-votes: 2nd chargesheet against BJP MP?
New Delhi: Expressing dissatisfaction over
the lack of a "proper" sanction order for prosecution, a Delhi
court on Friday decided to consider on October 14 the
supplementary charge sheet against BJP MP Ashok Argal in the
"This is just a letter (from the Secretary General Lok
Sabha). You (prosecutor) may call it a communication or
something else. What has to be before me should be a proper
sanction order like in other cases. I am not satisfied with
this kind of sanction letter," Special Judge Sangita Dhingra
To the court`s query, the prosecution said the sanction
order was communicated through a letter sent by the Lok Sabha
Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan said the Speaker of the Lok
Sabha was the competent authority to grant the sanction to
prosecute the MP under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
However, the judge remained unconvinced and posted the
matter for "consideration on the charge sheet" on October 14.
Meanwhile, the arguments on bail pleas of Sudheendra
Kulkarni, the former aide of senior BJP leader L K Advani, and
that of two former BJP MPs - Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahabir
Singh Bhagora could not be concluded today and will be heard
on October 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan