Cash-for-votes: Police pressurized me, says Saxena
New Delhi: Sanjeev Saxena, arrested for his
alleged role in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam, today moved a
bail plea in a Delhi court accusing police of pressurizing him
to sign a "pre-typed" statement having names of leaders of
various political parties as kingpins in the case.
"The police officials during remand of applicant (Saxena)
pressurised him to sign on pre-typed statement which was in
the name of the applicant.
"When the applicant (had) gone through those said
pre-typed sheets, he was shocked and surprised that there were
names of Digvijay Singh, Ahmed Patel, J D Seelam, Motilal
Vora, Sheila Dikshit, Rajiv Shukla, Oscar Fernandes, Mulayam
Singh Yadav, Ramgopal Yadav, Akhilesh Yadav, Amar Singh, Reoti
Raman Singh, Arun Jaitley, Sudhindra Kulkarni and leaders from
different political parties mentioned as they were kingpins of
the cash-for-vote episode in the Parliament," Saxena, in his
bail plea, said.
It said Saxena declined to sign the "pre-typed"
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal issued notice to the
Crime Branch of police for August 18 on the plea, filed by
Saxena through his advocate Santosh Pandey.
Saxena, a former aide of SP leader Shahid Siddiqqui and
who is in jail since July 17, also alleged that some BJP
leaders had conspired with BSP to bring down the then UPA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks