Casteist remarks led to students` suicide bid?
Kanpur: Taking serious note of three medical
students attempting suicide after failing in an exam and
blaming two lecturers for making casteist remarks against
them, the college administration has constituted a committee
to probe the allegations.
The three second year MBBS students of Ganesh Shankar
Vidyarthi Medical College in the city had consumed sleeping
pills on Friday in a hostel room after being upset over
failing in their first year Biochemistry paper.
Police said a suicide note was found in their possession
in which they blamed two college lecturers for deliberately
failing them in the subject and making casteist remarks
College Principal Anand Swarup said the students and
their families have alleged that the former were purposely
failed in the exam because they belonged to Dalit community.
Following the allegations, the college management has
formed a three member probe committee which has been directed
to submit its report in a week.
Swarup said if the allegations were found to be true then
the report would be sent to the state government for further
The condition of Shobhit, Sanjeev Kumar and Vivek was
stated to be stable in Hallet hospital here where they were
admitted after being found unconscious in a room by other
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation