CAT 2011 result out; 9 secure 100 percentile
New Delhi: The much-awaited results of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2011 for admissions in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), the country`s premier institutes for management studies were declared on Wednesday.
CAT 2011 results were made available on IIM portal www.catiim.in. Nine MBA aspirants have secured 100 percentile, reports say.
Around 1.85 lakh candidates appeared for the Common Admission Test. The admission test was held in October-November over a 20-day testing window across 36 cities.
The successful candidates now would be called for the next stage of the admission process. For successful candidates, IIMs have done away with group discussion and replaced it with a written essay test; followed by personal interview round.
The CAT scores are accepted for the management programmes of all 13 IIMs, the Indian Institutes of Technologies (IITs), the National Institutes of Technology apart from a 150 management institutions. This year many of the new IIMs have increased their intake.
Importantly, the CAT scores are being given lesser importance as the focus has shifted to non-engineers and work experience. Gender correction is also round the corner, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why