CAT 2011 result out; 9 secure 100 percentile
New Delhi: The much-awaited results of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2011 for admissions in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), the country`s premier institutes for management studies were declared on Wednesday.
CAT 2011 results were made available on IIM portal www.catiim.in. Nine MBA aspirants have secured 100 percentile, reports say.
Around 1.85 lakh candidates appeared for the Common Admission Test. The admission test was held in October-November over a 20-day testing window across 36 cities.
The successful candidates now would be called for the next stage of the admission process. For successful candidates, IIMs have done away with group discussion and replaced it with a written essay test; followed by personal interview round.
The CAT scores are accepted for the management programmes of all 13 IIMs, the Indian Institutes of Technologies (IITs), the National Institutes of Technology apart from a 150 management institutions. This year many of the new IIMs have increased their intake.
Importantly, the CAT scores are being given lesser importance as the focus has shifted to non-engineers and work experience. Gender correction is also round the corner, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa