CAT 2011 result out; 9 secure 100 percentile
New Delhi: The much-awaited results of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2011 for admissions in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), the country`s premier institutes for management studies were declared on Wednesday.
CAT 2011 results were made available on IIM portal www.catiim.in. Nine MBA aspirants have secured 100 percentile, reports say.
Around 1.85 lakh candidates appeared for the Common Admission Test. The admission test was held in October-November over a 20-day testing window across 36 cities.
The successful candidates now would be called for the next stage of the admission process. For successful candidates, IIMs have done away with group discussion and replaced it with a written essay test; followed by personal interview round.
The CAT scores are accepted for the management programmes of all 13 IIMs, the Indian Institutes of Technologies (IITs), the National Institutes of Technology apart from a 150 management institutions. This year many of the new IIMs have increased their intake.
Importantly, the CAT scores are being given lesser importance as the focus has shifted to non-engineers and work experience. Gender correction is also round the corner, reports said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket