CAT concludes, results on Jan 9
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to IIMs and other B-schools got over on Tuesday and the results are expected to be announced on January 9, 2013.
A total of 2,14,068 candidates had registered for this year’s test which was conducted in 61 test centres across 36 cities over a 21-day from October 11 to November 6.
While there were no significant changes to the test this year, there has been a positive shift in the candidate pool in terms of gender and social balance as well as work experience.
"With CAT 2012 test coming to a conclusion, we are looking forward to the calibre of candidates that will come through our doors and turning them into future leaders," said Debashis Chatterjee, Director, IIM Kozhikode.
IIM, Kozhikode, and test-conducting agency Prometric partnered for the CAT 2012.
“This is the fourth year of the computer-based CAT and we are pleased with the overall administration as well as the way the staff on the ground handled the intermittent power issues, while being sensitive towards candidates,” said Managing Director of Prometric India Soumitra Roy.
"The test was on par with other competitive examinations like GMAT," said a candidate while sharing her experience.
"It was a lot less stressful and nicely organised. There was no sense of panic," she added.
The results are expected to be announced on January 9, 2013 and candidates will be able to log in to view their results on the CAT website www.Catiim.In.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read