CAT concludes, results on Jan 9
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to IIMs and other B-schools got over on Tuesday and the results are expected to be announced on January 9, 2013.
A total of 2,14,068 candidates had registered for this year’s test which was conducted in 61 test centres across 36 cities over a 21-day from October 11 to November 6.
While there were no significant changes to the test this year, there has been a positive shift in the candidate pool in terms of gender and social balance as well as work experience.
"With CAT 2012 test coming to a conclusion, we are looking forward to the calibre of candidates that will come through our doors and turning them into future leaders," said Debashis Chatterjee, Director, IIM Kozhikode.
IIM, Kozhikode, and test-conducting agency Prometric partnered for the CAT 2012.
“This is the fourth year of the computer-based CAT and we are pleased with the overall administration as well as the way the staff on the ground handled the intermittent power issues, while being sensitive towards candidates,” said Managing Director of Prometric India Soumitra Roy.
"The test was on par with other competitive examinations like GMAT," said a candidate while sharing her experience.
"It was a lot less stressful and nicely organised. There was no sense of panic," she added.
The results are expected to be announced on January 9, 2013 and candidates will be able to log in to view their results on the CAT website www.Catiim.In.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred