CAT exam gets underway today
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to the prestigious IIMs and other B-schools begins across the country from Saturday, with as many as 2.05 lakh candidates registering for it.
The cities in which the highest number of candidates are scheduled to take the online test between October 22 and November 18 are New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Pune.
Last year 2.4 lakh candidates had registered for the test while in 2009 the registration figure was 2.48 lakh.
Interestingly, 73 per cent of the total number of candidates who have registered are male, a statement released by Prometric, which is conducting the online test on behalf of IIMs, said.
This year, the test will have two sections instead of the three earlier and students will have 70 minutes to answer each of them.
There would be a countdown timer that would appear on the top right corner of the screen. The results will be declared on January 11, 2012.
Prometric has advised students to take a look at the practice tests on the website www.catiim.in and hence be familiar about the exam form layout and the various navigation buttons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city