CAT exam gets underway today
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to the prestigious IIMs and other B-schools begins across the country from Saturday, with as many as 2.05 lakh candidates registering for it.
The cities in which the highest number of candidates are scheduled to take the online test between October 22 and November 18 are New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Pune.
Last year 2.4 lakh candidates had registered for the test while in 2009 the registration figure was 2.48 lakh.
Interestingly, 73 per cent of the total number of candidates who have registered are male, a statement released by Prometric, which is conducting the online test on behalf of IIMs, said.
This year, the test will have two sections instead of the three earlier and students will have 70 minutes to answer each of them.
There would be a countdown timer that would appear on the top right corner of the screen. The results will be declared on January 11, 2012.
Prometric has advised students to take a look at the practice tests on the website www.catiim.in and hence be familiar about the exam form layout and the various navigation buttons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?