CAT exam gets underway today
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to the prestigious IIMs and other B-schools begins across the country from Saturday, with as many as 2.05 lakh candidates registering for it.
The cities in which the highest number of candidates are scheduled to take the online test between October 22 and November 18 are New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Pune.
Last year 2.4 lakh candidates had registered for the test while in 2009 the registration figure was 2.48 lakh.
Interestingly, 73 per cent of the total number of candidates who have registered are male, a statement released by Prometric, which is conducting the online test on behalf of IIMs, said.
This year, the test will have two sections instead of the three earlier and students will have 70 minutes to answer each of them.
There would be a countdown timer that would appear on the top right corner of the screen. The results will be declared on January 11, 2012.
Prometric has advised students to take a look at the practice tests on the website www.catiim.in and hence be familiar about the exam form layout and the various navigation buttons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune