CAT exam gets underway today
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to the prestigious IIMs and other B-schools begins across the country from Saturday, with as many as 2.05 lakh candidates registering for it.
The cities in which the highest number of candidates are scheduled to take the online test between October 22 and November 18 are New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Pune.
Last year 2.4 lakh candidates had registered for the test while in 2009 the registration figure was 2.48 lakh.
Interestingly, 73 per cent of the total number of candidates who have registered are male, a statement released by Prometric, which is conducting the online test on behalf of IIMs, said.
This year, the test will have two sections instead of the three earlier and students will have 70 minutes to answer each of them.
There would be a countdown timer that would appear on the top right corner of the screen. The results will be declared on January 11, 2012.
Prometric has advised students to take a look at the practice tests on the website www.catiim.in and hence be familiar about the exam form layout and the various navigation buttons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31