CAT refuses to review its order sacking DD News scribes
New Delhi: The Central Administrative
Tribunal Friday refused to review its earlier order quashing the appointment of 25 Doordarshan News anchors and reporters on the grounds of irregularities in their appointment.
A CAT bench headed by chairman V K Bali refused to review its earlier order given in September last.
The CAT had quashed the appointment of 25 news anchors
and reporters posted at Doordarshan News, saying the public
broadcaster Prasar Bharati had committed "irregularities" to
favour some candidates to get into DD News.
The tribunal had found that rules for appointment were
changed arbitrarily at the last moment at the interview stage
to favour some candidates who did not perform well in the
Hearing a petition filed by journalist Harikesh Bahadur Singh, working with DD News channel, it had noted that
the number of journalists to be called for interview had been
increased from 30 to 35 to accommodate Yashvi Tirath (daughter
of Union Minister Krishna Tirath) who ranked 33 in the written
The petitioner had alleged that the recruitment process in Prasar Bharati was not fair and candidates were selected on the basis of political considerations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation