CAT refuses to review its order sacking DD News scribes
New Delhi: The Central Administrative
Tribunal Friday refused to review its earlier order quashing the appointment of 25 Doordarshan News anchors and reporters on the grounds of irregularities in their appointment.
A CAT bench headed by chairman V K Bali refused to review its earlier order given in September last.
The CAT had quashed the appointment of 25 news anchors
and reporters posted at Doordarshan News, saying the public
broadcaster Prasar Bharati had committed "irregularities" to
favour some candidates to get into DD News.
The tribunal had found that rules for appointment were
changed arbitrarily at the last moment at the interview stage
to favour some candidates who did not perform well in the
Hearing a petition filed by journalist Harikesh Bahadur Singh, working with DD News channel, it had noted that
the number of journalists to be called for interview had been
increased from 30 to 35 to accommodate Yashvi Tirath (daughter
of Union Minister Krishna Tirath) who ranked 33 in the written
The petitioner had alleged that the recruitment process in Prasar Bharati was not fair and candidates were selected on the basis of political considerations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales
- Never revealed the name of Burari rape victim: DCW chief
- Why Dalits from Tamil Nadu's Karur are threatening to convert to Islam
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll