CAT refuses to review its order sacking DD News scribes
New Delhi: The Central Administrative
Tribunal Friday refused to review its earlier order quashing the appointment of 25 Doordarshan News anchors and reporters on the grounds of irregularities in their appointment.
A CAT bench headed by chairman V K Bali refused to review its earlier order given in September last.
The CAT had quashed the appointment of 25 news anchors
and reporters posted at Doordarshan News, saying the public
broadcaster Prasar Bharati had committed "irregularities" to
favour some candidates to get into DD News.
The tribunal had found that rules for appointment were
changed arbitrarily at the last moment at the interview stage
to favour some candidates who did not perform well in the
Hearing a petition filed by journalist Harikesh Bahadur Singh, working with DD News channel, it had noted that
the number of journalists to be called for interview had been
increased from 30 to 35 to accommodate Yashvi Tirath (daughter
of Union Minister Krishna Tirath) who ranked 33 in the written
The petitioner had alleged that the recruitment process in Prasar Bharati was not fair and candidates were selected on the basis of political considerations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply