CAT registration deadline extended to Oct 4
New Delhi: Indian Institutes of Management
(IIM) on Monday extended the deadline for registration for Common
Admission Test (CAT) 2011 to October 4.
The extension has been made to accommodate students after
premier institutes like the IITs and Faculty of Management
Studies under Delhi University decided to join CAT 2011 for
their admission, said a statement.
The registration period was earlier slated to end on
CAT is already witnessing a rush from candidates to appear
for the online test from October 22 following the scrapping of
the joint management entrance test (JMET) of the IITs and
after some more institutes decided to come under CAT.
According to the statement, the deadline for sale of CAT
vouchers has also been extended to October 1, 2011.
There are, however, no changes in any other terms and
conditions specified in the CAT 2011 advertisement published
in major national newspapers on August 7, 2011 and the
www.catiim.in website, the statement said.
CAT 2011 will be conducted by the IIMs, in partnership
with Prometric. Vouchers for the CAT 2011 are available for
sale at selected Axis Bank branches.
The test this year will have two sections instead of
three and students will have 70 minutes to answer each of
While the first section will focus on `quantitative
ability and data interpretation` and the second part will be
on `verbal ability and logical reasoning`.
This year a 15-minute tutorial will be provided before
the start of the test.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court