CBI a powerful, respected international voice: Interpol
New Delhi: The country`s premier investigating agency, CBI, has come in for praise from Interpol which has described it as a "powerful and respected" voice in international arena that has placed India at the forefront of global policing.
In a message on CBI`s golden jubilee, "the Secretary General, Interpol Robert K Noble has complimented CBI in its capacity as the National Central Bureau (NCB) for Interpol in India for demonstrating professionalism and willingness to share its expertise to effectively combat transnational organised crime...," a CBI statement said here.
"...The bureau showed leadership role several times, including when it co-hosted with Interpol two important regional programmes," it quoted Noble as saying.
The Interpol chief said "the CBI has become a powerful and respected international voice."
During the last five decades, CBI, under chiefs beginning with D P Kohli and continuing with the present Director Ranjit Sinha, the agency`s "strong commitment to international law enforcement cooperation placed India at the forefront of global policing," Noble said.
"With India`s booming economy relying in great part on its IT infrastructure and industry, the CBI understands the need to engage with Interpol on trans-national crimes such as cybercrime, which threaten the security of nations," the statement added.
The CBI is the designated nodal authority for the Interpol in India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket