CBI a powerful, respected international voice: Interpol
New Delhi: The country`s premier investigating agency, CBI, has come in for praise from Interpol which has described it as a "powerful and respected" voice in international arena that has placed India at the forefront of global policing.
In a message on CBI`s golden jubilee, "the Secretary General, Interpol Robert K Noble has complimented CBI in its capacity as the National Central Bureau (NCB) for Interpol in India for demonstrating professionalism and willingness to share its expertise to effectively combat transnational organised crime...," a CBI statement said here.
"...The bureau showed leadership role several times, including when it co-hosted with Interpol two important regional programmes," it quoted Noble as saying.
The Interpol chief said "the CBI has become a powerful and respected international voice."
During the last five decades, CBI, under chiefs beginning with D P Kohli and continuing with the present Director Ranjit Sinha, the agency`s "strong commitment to international law enforcement cooperation placed India at the forefront of global policing," Noble said.
"With India`s booming economy relying in great part on its IT infrastructure and industry, the CBI understands the need to engage with Interpol on trans-national crimes such as cybercrime, which threaten the security of nations," the statement added.
The CBI is the designated nodal authority for the Interpol in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users