CBI acting under Congress pressure, claim Modi supporters
New Delhi: Supporters of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Monday claimed that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is coming under the pressure of the Congress-led government.
"We have put these posters to protest against CBI for the way in which it is coming under government`s pressure and targeting Modi by making fake cases and showing that Ishrat Jahan was not a militant. An organization like CBI on whom our nation trusts should work with honesty and should not do any such thing which affects the security of the nation and provides boost to the confidence of the militants," said Bagga, a Narendra Modi supporter.
The CBI, which is investigating the case on the directive of the Gujarat High Court, wants to charge former Ahmedabad Intelligence Bureau (IB) station Chief Rajender Kumar for conspiracy to murder.
Nineteen-year-old Ishrat was killed along with three others on June 15, 2004 allegedly by a team of Crime Branch officials on the outskirts of Ahmedabad.
The Crime Branch had then claimed that the four were LeT members and were on a mission to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack