CBI acting under Congress pressure, claim Modi supporters
New Delhi: Supporters of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Monday claimed that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is coming under the pressure of the Congress-led government.
"We have put these posters to protest against CBI for the way in which it is coming under government`s pressure and targeting Modi by making fake cases and showing that Ishrat Jahan was not a militant. An organization like CBI on whom our nation trusts should work with honesty and should not do any such thing which affects the security of the nation and provides boost to the confidence of the militants," said Bagga, a Narendra Modi supporter.
The CBI, which is investigating the case on the directive of the Gujarat High Court, wants to charge former Ahmedabad Intelligence Bureau (IB) station Chief Rajender Kumar for conspiracy to murder.
Nineteen-year-old Ishrat was killed along with three others on June 15, 2004 allegedly by a team of Crime Branch officials on the outskirts of Ahmedabad.
The Crime Branch had then claimed that the four were LeT members and were on a mission to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days