CBI acting under Congress pressure, claim Modi supporters
New Delhi: Supporters of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Monday claimed that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is coming under the pressure of the Congress-led government.
"We have put these posters to protest against CBI for the way in which it is coming under government`s pressure and targeting Modi by making fake cases and showing that Ishrat Jahan was not a militant. An organization like CBI on whom our nation trusts should work with honesty and should not do any such thing which affects the security of the nation and provides boost to the confidence of the militants," said Bagga, a Narendra Modi supporter.
The CBI, which is investigating the case on the directive of the Gujarat High Court, wants to charge former Ahmedabad Intelligence Bureau (IB) station Chief Rajender Kumar for conspiracy to murder.
Nineteen-year-old Ishrat was killed along with three others on June 15, 2004 allegedly by a team of Crime Branch officials on the outskirts of Ahmedabad.
The Crime Branch had then claimed that the four were LeT members and were on a mission to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference