CBI admits to creating email ID by Hemraj’s name
New Delhi: CBI sleuths had created, for some "specific purpose", an email ID in the name of slain domestic help Hemraj to interact with dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar during the probe of Aaarushi-Hemraj murder case, the agency said on Thursday.
CBI, which had earlier denied that email id `hemraj.Jalvayuvihar@gmail.Com` was used to call Talwars for questioning, is now saying that the ID was created for some "specific purpose" which they refused to explain.
"I am told by the concerned officers that the email ID was created to interact with Talwars for some specific purpose during the investigation," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here.
She refused to elaborate on this saying the matter is sub-judice.
Talwar`s counsel Manoj Sisodia said that he had sought a document from the CBI recently which was sent to him from the email ID. He, however, added that he does not know whether the ID is of CBI or not.
The Talwar couple were surprised to find that emails asking them to appear for questioning were coming from the email ID which did not look official.
Hemraj was their domestic servant whose body was found on the terrace a day after the murder of their 14-year-old daughter Aarushi at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the intervening night of May15-16, 2008.
The emails carried the file number, name of the investigating officer among other details. The agency last year had claimed that a person is summoned for questioning only through official IDs or through official processes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"