CBI admits to creating email ID by Hemraj’s name
New Delhi: CBI sleuths had created, for some "specific purpose", an email ID in the name of slain domestic help Hemraj to interact with dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar during the probe of Aaarushi-Hemraj murder case, the agency said on Thursday.
CBI, which had earlier denied that email id `hemraj.Jalvayuvihar@gmail.Com` was used to call Talwars for questioning, is now saying that the ID was created for some "specific purpose" which they refused to explain.
"I am told by the concerned officers that the email ID was created to interact with Talwars for some specific purpose during the investigation," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here.
She refused to elaborate on this saying the matter is sub-judice.
Talwar`s counsel Manoj Sisodia said that he had sought a document from the CBI recently which was sent to him from the email ID. He, however, added that he does not know whether the ID is of CBI or not.
The Talwar couple were surprised to find that emails asking them to appear for questioning were coming from the email ID which did not look official.
Hemraj was their domestic servant whose body was found on the terrace a day after the murder of their 14-year-old daughter Aarushi at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the intervening night of May15-16, 2008.
The emails carried the file number, name of the investigating officer among other details. The agency last year had claimed that a person is summoned for questioning only through official IDs or through official processes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing