CBI arrests Bar Council member for taking bribe
New Delhi: CBI on Monday arrested a member of
the Bar Council of India on charges of alleged corruption in
granting affiliation to a law school.
Official sources said the agency arrested Rajendra
Rana, member of the Bar Council of India and conducted
searches in his office and residential premises.
In total, about seven places were raided by the CBI in
the National Capital Region in connection with the case.
Sources said the case related to grant of affiliation
to a private law college in return of illegal gratification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP