CBI arrests Bar Council member for taking bribe
New Delhi: CBI on Monday arrested a member of
the Bar Council of India on charges of alleged corruption in
granting affiliation to a law school.
Official sources said the agency arrested Rajendra
Rana, member of the Bar Council of India and conducted
searches in his office and residential premises.
In total, about seven places were raided by the CBI in
the National Capital Region in connection with the case.
Sources said the case related to grant of affiliation
to a private law college in return of illegal gratification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof