CBI avoids to arrest influential people: Delhi HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has come
crticised the functioning of CBI saying the investigating
agency prefers not to arrest influential people in corruption
The court made the remarks when a person accused of theft
pleaded for bail contending that even a former union minister,
who was allegedly involved in a multi-crore scam, was granted
"The case of Sukh Ram was not a case of theft. It was a
case of disproportion assets and CBI is known for the fact
that it does not arrest the persons against whom it registers
cases but simply files chargesheet and more so when the
persons involved hold high positions," Justice S N Dhingra
In this case, the police alleged the accused Brij Mohan
is involved along with others in a case of theft of Rs 27.50
lakh by taking out money from the dickey of a person.
The police, after conducting an investigation, recovered
a part of the theft amount.
The court, while dismissing his bail plea, also took into
consideration the fact that the accused failed to mention the
source of the money recovered from him.
"There were sufficient grounds for the court to presume
that the accused was surviving only on the booty of crime,
being done in connivance and in league with Satnam Singh.
"I do not find ground for grant of bail to the accused.
The bail application of the accused is hereby dismissed," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened