CBI avoids to arrest influential people: Delhi HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has come
crticised the functioning of CBI saying the investigating
agency prefers not to arrest influential people in corruption
The court made the remarks when a person accused of theft
pleaded for bail contending that even a former union minister,
who was allegedly involved in a multi-crore scam, was granted
"The case of Sukh Ram was not a case of theft. It was a
case of disproportion assets and CBI is known for the fact
that it does not arrest the persons against whom it registers
cases but simply files chargesheet and more so when the
persons involved hold high positions," Justice S N Dhingra
In this case, the police alleged the accused Brij Mohan
is involved along with others in a case of theft of Rs 27.50
lakh by taking out money from the dickey of a person.
The police, after conducting an investigation, recovered
a part of the theft amount.
The court, while dismissing his bail plea, also took into
consideration the fact that the accused failed to mention the
source of the money recovered from him.
"There were sufficient grounds for the court to presume
that the accused was surviving only on the booty of crime,
being done in connivance and in league with Satnam Singh.
"I do not find ground for grant of bail to the accused.
The bail application of the accused is hereby dismissed," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation