CBI being used to target Narendra Modi, alleges Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is being misused to target and implicate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in fake encounter cases, senior BJP leader Aun Jaitley has alleged in a letter written to the Prime Minister.
It was reported on Tuesday that the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha has accused the Centre of exploiting the apex probe agency for political mileage.
The BJP leader has reportedly maintained in his letter addressed to the Prime Minister that the CBI arrested former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah without any prosecutable evidence.
Jaitley also stated that the CBI relied on false testimonies to arrest Shah.
In his letter, the BJP leader also said that in the Ishrat Jehan case, CBI struck deals with some suspects to trap others.
Jaitley concluded by demanding a thorough probe by a panel led by a Supreme Court judge into charges of politicisation of CBI investigation into cases of alleged fake encounters in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite
- Time's up for VHS! Last company making VCRs to stop its production this month
- RIP Tiger: Retired police dog who helped in detecting bombs during 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks passes away
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex