CBI being used to target Narendra Modi, alleges Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is being misused to target and implicate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in fake encounter cases, senior BJP leader Aun Jaitley has alleged in a letter written to the Prime Minister.
It was reported on Tuesday that the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha has accused the Centre of exploiting the apex probe agency for political mileage.
The BJP leader has reportedly maintained in his letter addressed to the Prime Minister that the CBI arrested former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah without any prosecutable evidence.
Jaitley also stated that the CBI relied on false testimonies to arrest Shah.
In his letter, the BJP leader also said that in the Ishrat Jehan case, CBI struck deals with some suspects to trap others.
Jaitley concluded by demanding a thorough probe by a panel led by a Supreme Court judge into charges of politicisation of CBI investigation into cases of alleged fake encounters in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured