CBI being used to target Narendra Modi, alleges Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is being misused to target and implicate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in fake encounter cases, senior BJP leader Aun Jaitley has alleged in a letter written to the Prime Minister.
It was reported on Tuesday that the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha has accused the Centre of exploiting the apex probe agency for political mileage.
The BJP leader has reportedly maintained in his letter addressed to the Prime Minister that the CBI arrested former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah without any prosecutable evidence.
Jaitley also stated that the CBI relied on false testimonies to arrest Shah.
In his letter, the BJP leader also said that in the Ishrat Jehan case, CBI struck deals with some suspects to trap others.
Jaitley concluded by demanding a thorough probe by a panel led by a Supreme Court judge into charges of politicisation of CBI investigation into cases of alleged fake encounters in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city