CBI being used to target Narendra Modi, alleges Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is being misused to target and implicate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in fake encounter cases, senior BJP leader Aun Jaitley has alleged in a letter written to the Prime Minister.
It was reported on Tuesday that the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha has accused the Centre of exploiting the apex probe agency for political mileage.
The BJP leader has reportedly maintained in his letter addressed to the Prime Minister that the CBI arrested former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah without any prosecutable evidence.
Jaitley also stated that the CBI relied on false testimonies to arrest Shah.
In his letter, the BJP leader also said that in the Ishrat Jehan case, CBI struck deals with some suspects to trap others.
Jaitley concluded by demanding a thorough probe by a panel led by a Supreme Court judge into charges of politicisation of CBI investigation into cases of alleged fake encounters in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon