CBI case against 6 officials of Controller of Defence Accounts
Jabalpur: CBI has registered a case of
fraud and corruption against six officials of Controller of
Defence Accounts for allegedly causing a loss of over Rs three
crore to the exchequer.
The case has been registered against assistant account
officers Ranjan Kumar Rout, Suryakant Gaur, Punendra Dewangan,
senior account officer Madan Kumar Sylvester, senior auditor
Kailash Chandra Upadhyaya and data entry operator Atulya
Verma based on a complaint by deputy controller of defence
It is alleged that during the period between November
2008 and November 2009, the public servants entered into a
criminal conspiracy among themselves along with a private
person and some others.
"In pursuance of the said conspiracy, the public servants
abused their official position and prepared false claims in
the fake names, processed such claims for payment of final
settlement of Armed Force Public Provident Fund (AFPP) and
fraudulently withdrew an amount of over Rs 3.09 crore through
different banks with the help of private persons," CBI
said in a statement.
Searches were conducted in the residential premises of
accused persons at Jabalpur by investigators in order to
collect incriminating documents disclosing the forgery in
processing, payment and withdrawal of the AFPP fund amount and
link them with the officials.
"During the searches, documents including pass books,
blank cheques, cheque books utilised by the accused persons
for withdrawal of the defrauded amount were seized," CBI said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!