CBI case against 6 officials of Controller of Defence Accounts
Jabalpur: CBI has registered a case of
fraud and corruption against six officials of Controller of
Defence Accounts for allegedly causing a loss of over Rs three
crore to the exchequer.
The case has been registered against assistant account
officers Ranjan Kumar Rout, Suryakant Gaur, Punendra Dewangan,
senior account officer Madan Kumar Sylvester, senior auditor
Kailash Chandra Upadhyaya and data entry operator Atulya
Verma based on a complaint by deputy controller of defence
It is alleged that during the period between November
2008 and November 2009, the public servants entered into a
criminal conspiracy among themselves along with a private
person and some others.
"In pursuance of the said conspiracy, the public servants
abused their official position and prepared false claims in
the fake names, processed such claims for payment of final
settlement of Armed Force Public Provident Fund (AFPP) and
fraudulently withdrew an amount of over Rs 3.09 crore through
different banks with the help of private persons," CBI
said in a statement.
Searches were conducted in the residential premises of
accused persons at Jabalpur by investigators in order to
collect incriminating documents disclosing the forgery in
processing, payment and withdrawal of the AFPP fund amount and
link them with the officials.
"During the searches, documents including pass books,
blank cheques, cheque books utilised by the accused persons
for withdrawal of the defrauded amount were seized," CBI said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!