CBI chargesheets NCCF official for financial bungling
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a chargesheet
against an official of National Cooperative Consumer
Federation and three others for causing loss of over two crore
to Mahrashtra state exchequer.
"The chargesheet has been filed against then Branch
Manager, National Co-op Consumer Federation Ltd (NCCF), Mumbai
two partners and a Managing Director of Mumbai based private
firms for causing loss of around Rs. 2.17 crore to Maharashtra
Government," the CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said investigations revealed that the
accused branch manager in a criminal conspiracy with two
other accused allegedly supplied food grains like wheat, rice,
gram whole, pulses etc. worth Rs 42 crore to the Maharashtra
State Tribal Development Corporation (MSTDC) at exorbitant
price without following the guidelines of the Federation.
The CBI slapped charges of fraud and criminal conspiracy
and provisions of prevention of corruption Act on the accused
in the chargesheet filed in a court of special judge in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'