CBI chargesheets NCCF official for financial bungling
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a chargesheet
against an official of National Cooperative Consumer
Federation and three others for causing loss of over two crore
to Mahrashtra state exchequer.
"The chargesheet has been filed against then Branch
Manager, National Co-op Consumer Federation Ltd (NCCF), Mumbai
two partners and a Managing Director of Mumbai based private
firms for causing loss of around Rs. 2.17 crore to Maharashtra
Government," the CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said investigations revealed that the
accused branch manager in a criminal conspiracy with two
other accused allegedly supplied food grains like wheat, rice,
gram whole, pulses etc. worth Rs 42 crore to the Maharashtra
State Tribal Development Corporation (MSTDC) at exorbitant
price without following the guidelines of the Federation.
The CBI slapped charges of fraud and criminal conspiracy
and provisions of prevention of corruption Act on the accused
in the chargesheet filed in a court of special judge in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?