CBI chargesheets NCCF official for financial bungling
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a chargesheet
against an official of National Cooperative Consumer
Federation and three others for causing loss of over two crore
to Mahrashtra state exchequer.
"The chargesheet has been filed against then Branch
Manager, National Co-op Consumer Federation Ltd (NCCF), Mumbai
two partners and a Managing Director of Mumbai based private
firms for causing loss of around Rs. 2.17 crore to Maharashtra
Government," the CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said investigations revealed that the
accused branch manager in a criminal conspiracy with two
other accused allegedly supplied food grains like wheat, rice,
gram whole, pulses etc. worth Rs 42 crore to the Maharashtra
State Tribal Development Corporation (MSTDC) at exorbitant
price without following the guidelines of the Federation.
The CBI slapped charges of fraud and criminal conspiracy
and provisions of prevention of corruption Act on the accused
in the chargesheet filed in a court of special judge in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi