CBI chargesheets NCCF official for financial bungling
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a chargesheet
against an official of National Cooperative Consumer
Federation and three others for causing loss of over two crore
to Mahrashtra state exchequer.
"The chargesheet has been filed against then Branch
Manager, National Co-op Consumer Federation Ltd (NCCF), Mumbai
two partners and a Managing Director of Mumbai based private
firms for causing loss of around Rs. 2.17 crore to Maharashtra
Government," the CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said investigations revealed that the
accused branch manager in a criminal conspiracy with two
other accused allegedly supplied food grains like wheat, rice,
gram whole, pulses etc. worth Rs 42 crore to the Maharashtra
State Tribal Development Corporation (MSTDC) at exorbitant
price without following the guidelines of the Federation.
The CBI slapped charges of fraud and criminal conspiracy
and provisions of prevention of corruption Act on the accused
in the chargesheet filed in a court of special judge in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!