CBI closes DA case against Sonia Gandhi’s aide Vincent George
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has closed a disproportionate assets case against Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s former personal secretary Vincent George, a newspaper report said on Friday.
CBI’s closure report states that the case was closed due to insufficient evidence against George.
The premier investigating agency had registered the case against George in 2001. Interestingly, the CBI had then said that Vincent George amassed huge amounts of money and properties.
It was then alleged by the CBI said that he possessed residential and commercial properties in Karnataka, Delhi, Kerala and a farmland near Delhi. The central investigating agency had also alleged that George had Rs 1.5 crore in his bank accounts.
CBI started its investigation started after former Enforcement Directorate deputy director Ashok Aggarwal made startling disclosures about Sonia Gandhi`s aide.
George was personal secretary to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH