CBI court extends arrest warrant against Nupur
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday extended the non-bailable warrant (NBW) issued by it against dentist Nupur Talwar in connection with the Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj double murder case of 2008.
The court extended the warrant after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sought extension of the same as the hearing resumed today.
The CBI pleaded that since the non-bailable warrant issued earlier had expired today, a fresh NBW was needed to arrest her.
Counsel for Nupur Talwar opposed the CBI plea on the ground that her bail application was pending before the Supreme Court, and the agency was restrained from arresting her.
After hearing the arguments from both sides, the court extended the NBW issued against Nupur Talwar till April 30.
Importantly, Nupur Talwar was not present in the court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why