CBI court extends arrest warrant against Nupur
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday extended the non-bailable warrant (NBW) issued by it against dentist Nupur Talwar in connection with the Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj double murder case of 2008.
The court extended the warrant after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sought extension of the same as the hearing resumed today.
The CBI pleaded that since the non-bailable warrant issued earlier had expired today, a fresh NBW was needed to arrest her.
Counsel for Nupur Talwar opposed the CBI plea on the ground that her bail application was pending before the Supreme Court, and the agency was restrained from arresting her.
After hearing the arguments from both sides, the court extended the NBW issued against Nupur Talwar till April 30.
Importantly, Nupur Talwar was not present in the court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal