CBI court extends arrest warrant against Nupur
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday extended the non-bailable warrant (NBW) issued by it against dentist Nupur Talwar in connection with the Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj double murder case of 2008.
The court extended the warrant after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sought extension of the same as the hearing resumed today.
The CBI pleaded that since the non-bailable warrant issued earlier had expired today, a fresh NBW was needed to arrest her.
Counsel for Nupur Talwar opposed the CBI plea on the ground that her bail application was pending before the Supreme Court, and the agency was restrained from arresting her.
After hearing the arguments from both sides, the court extended the NBW issued against Nupur Talwar till April 30.
Importantly, Nupur Talwar was not present in the court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price