‘CBI deliberately gave clean chit to Tytler’
New Delhi: A victim in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case on Thursday told a Delhi court that there was enough material to proceed against Congress leader Jagdish Tytler but CBI has "deliberately" given him clean chit in the case.
In the written submissions filed before Additional Sessions Judge K S Pal, complainant Lakhwinder Kaur said the court should direct CBI to re-investigate the matter.
"It is, therefore, prayed that this court may be pleased to direct CBI to investigate the matter further to bring on record the available incriminating evidence against the accused (Tytler) in the interest of justice," it said.
It said CBI has "deliberately not collected available incriminating evidence to strengthen the case against the accused (Tytler)."
The court was hearing a plea by the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims against a magisterial court decision to accept CBI`s report to close a riot case against Tytler. Kaur, in her written submissions, said CBI`s closure report was "dishonest" in order to exonerate Tytler.
"It`s unheard off that an investigating agency, instead of finding evidence against the accused to prove their guilt, has gone out of the way to collect evidence in favour of Jagdish Tytler to discredit the reliable witnesses," it said. It said CBI had done the probe only to falsify the statements of material witnesses in the case.
"It is pertinent to mention that the line of investigation adopted by CBI from the very inception of the investigation is only to exonerate the accused (Tytler) and to
falsify the statements of the material witnesses," it said. The court has asked CBI to file its written arguments on March 19, next date of hearing.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today