CBI did not record my statement during probe: Witness
New Delhi: The witness produced by CBI to support its case in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case on Monday told a court here that he was neither interrogated by the agency nor his statement recorded by it during the probe.
Aly Gulamali Morani, brother of Bollywood producer Karim Morani, an accused in the case, told the court that the statement "attributed" to him by CBI was not recorded in front of him.
"I had a discussion with CBI, though, there was no interrogation. No statement of mine was recorded in front of me," Morani told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
He said he was seeing for the first time in the court today the statement recorded under section 161 (examination of witnesses by police) of the CrPC and attributed to him by CBI.
"I have been shown a statement recorded under section 161 CrPC and attributed to me and I have seen it for the first time...It is wrong to suggest that this statement was given by me to CBI," he said adding "it is wrong to suggest that I told the investigating officer (IO) that it was Karim Morani who used to look after business development and financial matters of the company."
Morani also rejected the suggestion of CBI prosecutor KK Goyal that he was deposing falsely to "save" his brother Karim from legal punishment.
Director of Cineyug Films (P) Ltd Karim Morani, along with former Telecom Minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi and others, is facing trial for his alleged role in the 2G case.
CBI, in its second charge sheet filed against Karim Morani, Kanimozhi and three others, had alleged Rs 200 crore "illegal gratification" was routed from Dynamix Realty to Kalaignar TV through Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd and Cineyug Films Pvt Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video