CBI DIG tipped off Vijay Singla about raid: Officer
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: In a stunning revelation, a CBI officer has alleged that his superior officer had tried to influence the investigation in two cases involving former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s relatives and aides in connection with the railway scam.
Inspector Balbir Singh submitted an affidavit before the Central Administrative Tribunal in which he has blamed CBI`s Chandigarh deputy inspector general Mahesh Aggarwal - who has close family links to Bansal – of trying to derail the probe in the Rs 10-crore railway scam.
More shockingly, Singh alleged that Aggarwal had tipped off Bansal nephew Vijay Singla`s family about the Delhi CBI team`s raid plan and the action was delayed giving them time to destroy evidence.
In the affidavit submitted on May 15, Singh also claimed that Aggarwal had tried to manipulate probe against Chandigarh Municipal Corporation`s joint commissioner Rajiv Gupta – brother of Bansal’s close aide and auditor Sunil Gupta - in a corruption case.
As per Balbir Singh, he had refused to submit to pressure from Aggarwal. Singh was later transferred to Bhopal, he challenged the transfer order and the CAT has stayed it.
Interestingly, the CBI, in a press release, last week, said it has not ordered any internal inquiry against any of its officer in connection with the alleged `leakage` of information on searches conducted in Chandigarh in the railways bribery case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets